View Single Post
delightful

Member Since Feb 2020
13 hugs
given
Default Jul 20, 2024 at 07:05 PM

Hi, R and Square Peg,
I got brave and uploaded my manuscript. Then I designed the cover and requested a proof. I knew it would be good, but fortunately, I asked for the proof instead of publishing. Surprise!!! Bad surprise!!!! The cover is too dark, and you can't read the title easily. I looked inside and right away noticed that The acknowledgement for the photographer of the cover photo was missing. I know I typed his info in. I'm thinking that the computer shut down, and I must not have saved that bit. Yes, I have auto save, but I don't like using it because I end up with two copies, and I sometimes get confused and work on one copy, then the other, and by the time I realize what's happening, I have some corrections on one letter and some on the other, and I don't know what is where. By the way, I made about fifteen mistakes typing this. Now, I'm trying two different colors for the wording on the cover and I've requested a proof of each. While I'm waiting for the proof, I'll proofread the manuscript one more time. Sigh.