View Single Post
Blueberrybook
Grand Magnate

Member Since Oct 2017
246 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Jul 21, 2024 at 07:49 AM

Oh, my goodness, I have so many things I'm suddenly appreciating today: the walk I took, the feel of being nice & clean after a shower, the smell of my body wash, a nice juicy plum.

This happened to me the last time I came out of mania and psychosis. My senses and appreciation for life just perked up but not in a bad, manicky way. I guess morning meds kicked in!

I hope this means I will have more periods of slowing down, taking life more easily.

And now I have quite the opposite problem of wanting to lose weight but of losing weight too much too fast. I have had quite a reduced appetite while manic and I lost more weight than I intended. This has reared some ED type thinking (UGH! I HATE that!) I have been using CBT techniques to work on combating this. I have to remind myself I have to eat a lot more than usual when I walk b/c it throws my metabolism into overdrive. I hope I get my appetite back soon; wow, I NEVER imagined I would say that! I do still want to tone up my muscles, but I do NOT need to see a smaller number on the scale. I need to get rid of the scale; however, pdoc weighs me at every appt. And lately he's been seeing me every week to every 2 weeks. Last time I got rid of a scale, I ran over it with my car. But that was out at my parents house in the country where there is hardly any traffic.

Seroquel, Cymbalta, propanolol, buspirone, Trazodone, gabapentin, lamotrigine, hydroxyzine,

There's a crack in everything. That is how the light gets in.
--Leonard Cohen

Hugs from:
bizi, LadyShadow, MuddyBoots, raspberrytorte