Thread: AITA ?
View Single Post
Deflated1988

Member Since Jul 2024
Default Jul 21, 2024 at 03:38 PM

AITH ? I moved in with my partner quite quickly. We have only been together 5 months. He has 2 children from a previous relationship, F(9) and M(15). My partner has a 2 bedroom flat and his children stay every Saturday. One bedroom is M(15)s and we “share” the other bedroom with F(9), meaning it’s mine and my partners bedroom every day of the week except a Saturday when he lets her sleep in our bed and I feel like I have no privacy. Every Saturday my partner offers our bed to his 9 year old daughter without asking me first and I’m expected to sleep on the couch. This didn’t used to be a problem when my partner would sleep on the other couch but recently his daughter has asked him to go through and sleep in our bed with her which leaves me on the couch myself. They (my partner, f(9) and m(15) like to stay up late and watch films in the livingroom - I work every second weekend and I’m up at 6am so I feel this is unreasonable. Anytime I mention this to my partner he gets extremely defensive and my feelings are irrelevant. This is supposed to be my home and I feel like I’m the third wheel. I get annoyed that my partner has no boundaries and has made absolutely no compromises or changes in regards to me living there. He asked me to move in with him. Last night we were arguing over it all and this morning he’s told me to find somewhere else to live. Am I the a**hole?
Deflated1988 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
Have Hope