Silver Swan

Member Since Jan 2008
2,612 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Jul 21, 2024 at 06:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MuddyBoots View Post
I've exhausted the AP list too, either they don't work or the side effects are as bad as the psychosis for me. There is a "least shyttiest option" for me though. I haven't been on any meds most of this year, and so far psychosis has only come up with substance use or withdrawal. If it comes back, I'm going with seroquel because it kinda works and the side effects are tolerable.

Is there a certain amount of time he wants you off the meds? or as long as possible? or is he going for forever? maybe generally off meds but put back on when needed?

It just seems like a bad idea when you have multiple psychotic episodes under your belt and not have a back up plan in place if you have a pdoc.
I see my Pdoc in 3 weeks. We will see how my td is then. Vraylar is basically my last hope as the other two that I haven’t taken are too much like others I’ve reacted badly to. But right now I’m taking a month off meds to get the TD under control. So far the psychosis is manageable. No mania or depression. I caught up on my sleep last night.

Vraylar 1.5
Mania (July/August 2024)
Mania (December 2023)
Mixed episode/Hypomania (September 2023)
Depression, Anxiety and Intrusive thoughts (September 2021)
Depression & Psychosis (July/August 2021)
Mania (April/May 2019)
Moose72 is online now   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
MuddyBoots, raspberrytorte