cptsdvictim
Veteran Member

Member Since Mar 2024
54 hugs
given
Default Jul 22, 2024 at 12:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by unaluna View Post
The nerd in me loves reading about your work. I came across some code of mine a while ago and i almost cried at how beautiful it was. It looked like it was formatted by machine. But it was really just judicious choice of variable names and tabs. Im so weird. My supervisors said i was spending too much time formatting, but i spent NO time formatting. I only had to type the differences, everything else was automatically repeated.

You know what they say - you want a job done fast, give it to a lazy person. They will figure out the easiest way so they can get back to doing nothing. Thats me.
A fellow coder. Hooray! 🙌🏻

The obsession over code style and formatting is real. 😅 I very rarely leave something unattended. Speaks to the perfectionist in me. Your supervisors wanted things done fast, but when they have to go back and read the code for whatever reason, who laughs then? Haha. Though, it's true, finding the balance between getting things done and keep iterating on the code to improve it isn't easy due to the need to deliver shiny new things all the time.

I'm glad you had that cathartic reaction to reading your code. Well done!
cptsdvictim is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
unaluna

Thanks for this!
unaluna