View Single Post
MuddyBoots
Monster on the Hill

Member Since Sep 2020
5,850 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Jul 22, 2024 at 01:00 PM

Hey, @raspberrytorte, don't apologize. You actually brought up a valid point that we shouldn't be afraid to say something in fear of it being offensive. Wording and context make a whole difference. Right now I'm just in a precarious place. If I knew I were alone in having urges to bring back that disordered eating bs just by looking at a bipolar check-in thread, I would've kept my mouth shut, but given the fact many of us have comorbidities and some of those disorders are about eating, I just tried pointing out that certain things, with certain details, worded a certain way, and the main focus is what the difference is between something that can be helpful or harmful.
---
It's probably a good thing that workbook made me upset. Really validated any inkling of an idea that certain beliefs and behaviors I have are not worth any short-term benefit, and looking at what I wrote down for benefits made me feel really selfish (one behavior/benefit was people wanting to help me because I'm in a bad place, so I'd purposely put myself in that place by screwing with meds/substances/bad relationships and such) and now that is a motivation to rethink those beliefs and change those behaviors.

A Q about therapy (which I am seeing T on Wednesday): Is it appropriate to give your therapist a gift? My T loves dogs and I got a new backpack today with dog prints because I wanted one other than my hiking pack for every day stuff, and it came with a tiny stuffed dog. I was thinking about giving it to her. Would that be okay?

My wings were spicy and flavorful, and I seriously have to do some laundry now.

Hugs from:
BeyondtheRainbow, bizi, Crazy Hitch, LadyShadow, raspberrytorte, unaluna