View Single Post
Revu2
Grand Member

Member Since Aug 2013
4 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Jul 22, 2024 at 06:10 PM

D, what you're wading through begs the question of why publishing excites writers. I suspect it is suddenly finding yourself on the other side of the slog.

We're getting 3 fresh windows put in tomorrow. So cleaning WAY MORE than needed due to the motivation. Also, D, found the clips in the back. Wasn't an easy push, so used a screwdriver to wedge them free.

As faithful readers may recall, we had a water damage event in January. The mitigation people we used are not happy with the final claim amount our insurance company set. They sent me an invoice for the balance, and, as instructed by the insurance company, I said my insurer represents us and they should work it out with them. I also said I'd like for it to be a 3-way conference call because if the result might be I owe more money, I want in on the conversation.

Now they've involved the referring company. Just had a frustrating call with them because my honest answer to their question about my satisfaction led them to jump in and contact the contractor. I thought my response was confidential. She asked for a copy of the insurance report. Refused, after this crazy result from my email response why should I? I offered to include them in a 4-way call with the insurance company should it come to that. She declined, "we don't get involved with insurance companies." Just trying to muscle me to pay more than I should, right? GRrrrr!

Anyway, feeling better sharing this, thanks for lending me your eyes.