Manarinorange

Member Since Jun 2024
234 hugs
given
Default Jul 24, 2024 at 04:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blueberrybook View Post
@Nammu
Sorry about the sleep. Does the ambien make you feel at all weird before falling asleep? I tried it once and just couldn't take it. I found myself fighting sleep terribly and panicking. It was terrifying.

@moose
Your tongue situation sounds awful and painful. I had a sore on my inside cheek for 3 weeks b/c I had a temporary crown that rubbed against my cheek. Even that made eating painful. I can't imagine having the problem w/ your tongue and entire mouth! I am SO glad I got the permanent crown put in yesterday. It is much more comfortable, and already my cheek is starting to heal.

As for me, I've come to the conclusion that I need to lessen my caffeine intake b/c it is causing manicky symptoms-agitation, doing chores too fast, high anxiety. I woke up and felt fine but after a morning cup of coffee my anxiety was sky high again and I was a bit manicky, dropping things, spilled an entire Yeti cup full of ice water (and the ice in chips) all over the couch and living room floor. I guess at least it was water. Of course, I had also taken my morning meds about 30 min. prior.

I calmed down a bit after my walk but had a 2nd cup of coffee with my breakfast. Now I'm agitated, dropping things, slightly manicky again.

Oh, but I LOVE coffee! May have to buy some decaffeinated and in the meantime drink herbal tea in the morning instead. I like herbal tea with honey but I don't like it as much as I love coffee.

Anyone else here have a problem with caffeine shooting their anxiety sky high and worsening mania? Did you have to stop drinking coffee, soda, tea with caffeine completely to help it?

I also am only 2 weeks into taking Lamictal and my full dose of Seroquel again and I know most meds take 4-6 weeks to fully kick in.

Edit:
I put the kettle on to boil to make some chamomile tea in the hopes that it will calm me down. I feel like I have hypomania right now along with high anxiety and jitteriness
Yes, about the caffeine. I don't drink caffeine at all anymore. I do have 2 coke zeros when I wake up. And then 2 when I take my meds at night. That's when I feel like my old self and I talk to my best friend who works 3rd shift at a gas station in Indiana. I love her I've known her 9 years but we've never met, lol. We met online. We are straight but have a ton in common. Anyway yeah I can't have coffee at all and I used to love it.

Hugs from:
BeyondtheRainbow, bizi, LadyShadow, MuddyBoots, Nammu, raspberrytorte