View Single Post
BeyondtheRainbow
Wise Elder

Member Since Apr 2015
11.3k hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Jul 24, 2024 at 06:04 PM

@Blueberrybook I had to stop caffeine completely in 2007 because it not only made me hypo I was using it to make myself hypo. Not really on purpose but I needed something to get me through a work day so I drank a lot of coffee and a lot of Coke. It just kept getting worse until I got manic enough to land on disability for 3 months. I stopped the caffeine cold turkey and haven't intentionally had any since aside from a very rare hot chocolate which seems to be safe because it doesn't have that much caffeine in it compared to coffee. I don't ever try again because I don't want to go down the same path and have to go off it again and I don't trust myself.

That same mania I suddenly wanted to smoke cigarettes. I've never even had one in my life so no way to really crave it but I really, really wanted to smoke. It went away as soon as I got on Seroquel. It was so strange.

Hugs from:
bizi, JaneOnceMore, LadyShadow, Manarinorange, MuddyBoots, Nammu, raspberrytorte

Thanks for this!
Manarinorange