Blueberrybook
Grand Magnate

Member Since Oct 2017
405 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Jul 25, 2024 at 07:31 AM

@Nammu
I absolutely HATE drama. Do whatever you have to to not get in the middle of it. It only causes more stress.

@Scooter
I'm glad you had a break from taking care of your mom. That sort of care can be overwhelming and stressful. You need to take care of yourself during this difficult time.

@mararinorange
Yes, I LOVE that my pdoc has a cell phone for after hours, weekends, holidays. My previous pdoc was an extraordinary pdoc, and she had an after hours phone. I resolved I would not go to another pdoc who was unreachable after hours. When she retired, she luckily got me in w/ my current pdoc and skirted around his long waiting list. My current pdoc worked in the same clinic and the old one and continued much of the practices she had though he is much faster as he takes notes on his computer instead of handwriting them.

@LadyShadow
Your posts are so uplifting. Enjoy Galaxy Con!

As for me, I did pilates this morning instead of walking b/c it's raining again. I did a differnt pilates video than previously. It SAID it was beginner's pilates, but OMG, that had to border on INTERMEDIATE! I am pretty sure I will have sore arms and legs.

I have the kettle on boiling to make herbal tea this morning instead of coffee. I have to say, I almost gave in and made coffee b/c I love it so much, but I restraiened myself.

I see my pdoc this afternoon, and I hope it is a routine appt. with no med changes. I am going to ask him again for low dose Seroquel. He once prescribed it to me for anxiety and panic attacks. It is not as good as a benzo at helping but it does help some and at least it is NOT a benzo. We'll see. H is driving me today b/c my car is in the shop. I'm not sure if H wants to sit in on the appt. again or not; he probably will, but that's OK with me.

Seroquel, Cymbalta, propanolol, buspirone, Trazodone, gabapentin, lamotrigine, hydroxyzine,

There's a crack in everything. That is how the light gets in.
--Leonard Cohen

Hugs from:
bizi, Crazy Hitch, JaneOnceMore, MuddyBoots, Nammu, raspberrytorte, Rosi700