View Single Post
careergirl

Member Since Jul 2024
1 hugs
given
Default Jul 27, 2024 at 01:16 PM

I (25F) am with my boyfriend (25M) for 3 years and there is nothing wrong in our relationship. We don't fight and he is a really good guy that treats me right. We share our free time, have similar humour and similar tastes in music and movies. We take care of our household in a balanced way. So he is basically the ideal partner that many women would like to have.

But lately, his lack of ambitions started to bother me and I feel bad because of it. He doesn't have a college degree because he got kicked out after the first semester and he is earning less than me, although we are both working in technical field. I even tried to teach him something to improve his position in job market and he successfully switched his job recently, but he still doesn't have ambitions to improve his position by learning something new or just be at least better than yesterday. I simply don't see a passion for his job in him and it started to bother me, cause I, on the other hand, am quite successful and career means a lot to me.

Recently I started chatting with former colleague (28M) - nothing romantic or highly personal, we meet around 1 to 2 times per month and we are discussing mostly work. But OMG it feels so right to speak with a man that is actually passionate and successful in his job. It's quite exciting to be able to discuss something highly technical or learn something from him. It seems to me that he might be interested in me, but we are strictly keeping our boundaries and he knows that I have a boyfriend.

I am starting to feel that I don't want to marry my boyfriend and I don't see my future with him anymore. I feel very bad because it feels like monkey branching to me and I don't really have reasons to break up with him, besides his lack of ambitions. My boyfriend is very attached to me and I'm his first girlfriend. We are also living together and share most of our friends. So our breakup would be really tough and I don't want to be a girl that broke his heart.

Has something like this happened to you? Is there a way to save our relationship or my view on my boyfriend?
careergirl is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
unaluna