View Single Post
gothceltgirl

Member Since Dec 2020
2 hugs
given
Default Jul 27, 2024 at 04:28 PM

Yes, I have ME/CFS and it's horrible. It's horrible that doctors don't even treat it. I've had 2 out of 3 of my (former) providers actually tell me to exercise, my former pain management doc & my former PT guy. He was great, but I have to politely tell them no, CFS doesn't work like that. WTAF is wrong w/people? My primary doc doesn't really do anything, acknowledgment is about as good as it gets. Some of my symptoms she's blaming on my thyroid meds are actually a consequence of my CFS & I've even found documentation to take to her for my next visit. Haven't seen her in a while b/c what's even the point? I hardly ever go to the doc at all due to them not doing anything. I have a functional medicine doctor that treats my Hashimoto's and my CFS, as much as he can but since he's in another state there's a lot of things he can't even prescribe. If it weren't for him, and all my own self-treatment efforts, I'd probably be bed-ridden. Thankfully I have a cat, so no walks. Getting to the supermarket is hella difficult. Getting to most places is due to fatigue & chronic arthritis pain for which I have very little that actually works.

I usually just try and endure on the bad days, watch a lot of TV, I mean a lot. I withdraw a lot too. I find social media and being online difficult most of the time, tend to do things in short bursts. I'll be very active for a few days or hours, then nothing for weeks - months, & beyond. The isolation is the worst. I am an outgoing extroverted type of person. I used to love to go out & party. My motto used to be play as hard as you work. But socializing has dwindled down. I just don't have the energy for most things anymore. I need a lot of very specific things to be comfortable and have any relief. Many of which I am unable to actually get.
gothceltgirl is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote