View Single Post
Banzaiman

Member Since Jul 2024
Default Jul 28, 2024 at 03:25 PM

Well.... Where do I begin. I'm 36 years old and my wife is 38. We have been together for 14 years and married for 10. We have 2 beautiful girls aged 8 and 10. We are currently separated for the last 2 weeks. I've moved back into my mam and dad's and she is stopping in our home. I just feel completely lost and empty. I thought I was a good husband and I've got soo much love for her. The issue is I became so focused on being a dad and prioritising the kids that I lost sight of me and my wife. I stopped spending time with just me and her and did everything as a family. As a result she told me that she felt alone, unloved and abandoned. I will never forgive myself for this. I found her texting some other bloke because she was obviously so alone and fealt so unloved she was trying to get that from somewhere else (even though he's a married man with 3 kids) and I can't blame her. I just couldn't see the wood for the trees for some reason and so I left because I found those messages and now after 2 weeks, I've asked her if there is any hope for us and she said she didn't see a way back. I don't think I'll ever forgive myself for this, how could I have been so stupid, I've got so much love for her I'm absolutely dying inside. What also hurts me is that her parents are so lovely and loving towards me and I'll never have that kind of relationship with them again. We are both being very amicable and I can see the girls as much as possible but I just can't stop thinking about her, she is giving me the silent treatment with regards to small talk about me and her but is fine when we chat about the kids. I'm just in absolute bits and don't know how I'll get through this. I just keep thinking of how close we were before kids and even after our first we were still ok, we would make a date day and stick to it but when our second came along, that went out the window
Banzaiman is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote