View Single Post
Blueberrybook
Grand Magnate

Member Since Oct 2017
260 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Unhappy Jul 30, 2024 at 07:50 AM

I have been recovered from anorexia over 20 yrs. with some blips here and there in recovery, never lasting too long, a month or 2. However, the ED thoughts just haven't stopped, gotten quieter mostly and I don't usually act on them.

I had anorexia-purging type where the purging was via overexercise. I didn't eat enough calories but I did eat more than most people suffering anorexia. However, it was enough to convince people I was fine. They just didn't realize how much I exercised.

I feel like I'm at the tipping point of another blip. My weight is normal and healthy according to my PCP. But of course, I feel like I'm fat and need to lose weight especially since I went thru my closet not long ago, and about 1/3 of my wardrobe is too small

I have started walking & jogging again. Not jogging much but enough to tire me out and I have been walking farther than I intended when I started walking again. I started walking to tone up, but now it's become almost an obsession with the numbers on the scale and feeling the need to exercise daily I need to destroy that scale again.

I know I am walking and jogging more than I need to tone up. I'm not yet at the exercise extreme of overexercising (at least not too much). But I worry it will become that. I really do NOT need to get to the point of running a half marathon again. That was so hard on my body and took up so much time. I need to rein myself in. I just don't know how.

Seroquel, Cymbalta, propanolol, buspirone, Trazodone, gabapentin, lamotrigine, hydroxyzine,

There's a crack in everything. That is how the light gets in.
--Leonard Cohen
Blueberrybook is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
Discombobulated, unaluna