View Single Post
Blue_Bird
Legendary Wise Elder

Member Since Jun 2013
14.7k hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Jul 30, 2024 at 02:55 PM

I'm trying to learn to make wise mind decisions. I am a very impulsive person. So I'm trying to put the brakes on my impulsiveness and think through my actions and decisions more

Anyway, yeah my anxiety comes and goes lately. Sometimes it's there sometimes it's not. Sometimes there's days I panic and dissociate, somedays I have no panic or dissociation and feel great. Idk how to really predict it. I wish I could. I guess the best I can do is just get through it when it happens.

Some things that help me when I'm dissociating or panicking:

sleep really helps reset my brain

or

laying down under my weighted blanket and just closing my eyes helps too, with like a podcast or something on because I can't cope with silence it makes my anxiety worse

Other things that help:

Ice packs, I bought a 2 pack of ice packs awhile back on amazon, I always forget I have them in the freezer, but when I use them they are extremely effective at shocking me out of dissociation and panic

Sometimes watching shows or movies helps, or playing a game that requires focus.

Cleaning helps, it's a good distraction that requires physical activity. And a better environment equals better mental health.

Hugs from:
MuddyBoots

Thanks for this!
MuddyBoots