Grand Magnate

Member Since Oct 2017
264 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Jul 30, 2024 at 03:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by indigo1015 View Post
I can definitely appreciate this— when i was anorexic and bulimic I would overexercise too. I would exercise with sprained ankles, with conjunctivitis, etc. Like you, I don’t want to ever get to that point again in my life, and its so tough because people view exercise as something that is 100% beneficial. I’ve even had people say to me, “I wish i were addicted to exercise!” So when you may be going overboard, there aren’t people who will recognize that. I don’t know what to say other than using mindfulness and keeping it in the back of your mind. But i know what you mean 100%

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Yes, exactly this. People view exercise as 100% beneficial all the time and it's not when you overexercise or push yourself too hard or run miles with broken toes or painful bleeding under your toenails, your toenails failling off and getting toenail fungus, extremely painful blisters, no rest days ever, no taking it easier ever.

And it becomes a compulsion and the people around you think it's good. And you know, it's a tough cookie b/c SOME exercise IS beneficial for most people; its overdoing it that is not.

ATM, I'm not losing weight though I am toning up (which I'm happy about). I really should slack off on the jogging & do shorter walks to my neighborhood park. They have put in outdoor weight resistance machines. No one uses them in the early morning so there are zero people to be competitive with.

That's the another thing I HATE about ED type thinking: You feel competitive with every person you see and even worse, sometimes (and this is horrible) I feel a bit of superiority over people not as fit as I am I feel SO terrible about myself even having such awful thoughts

Seroquel, Cymbalta, propanolol, buspirone, Trazodone, gabapentin, lamotrigine, hydroxyzine,

There's a crack in everything. That is how the light gets in.
--Leonard Cohen
Blueberrybook is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
Discombobulated