Monster on the Hill

Member Since Sep 2020
5,850 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Aug 01, 2024 at 10:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blueberrybook View Post
I need to rein in this exercise. Ugh. It's hard though especially since I can see my stomach finally starting to tone up and looking less like it did during the end of my first trimester of pregnancy.
Oy. Can you commit to completely stopping exercise until the ED thoughts chill out a bit? Or if you think you can, maybe go back to your old routine and if you catch yourself getting away with it definitely stop? You're pretty good at recognizing when things are slipping, it seems. I know it's hard, but if you're starting to overdo it, a break would be good. Some people might find reminding the worst parts of when they were at the worst (and knowing it can get to that point again) helpful (I mean, I don't, but I'm not really at a point I'd say I'm' in recovery). It sounds a bit repetitive, but I know I look back to the worst time I'd been, I can find some good and that good seems worth it with ED thoughts so I have to keep in mind the weakness, the Mallory-Weiss tear, the inability to think outside of the ED, the hair loss, the fights, the comments from other people, etc.