3rd rock
Veteran Member

Member Since May 2019
6,149 hugs
given
Default Aug 01, 2024 at 02:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nonightowl View Post
The older I get the more any change or disruption sends me into a tailspin. One of my next door neighbors has moved out. He's been a good neighbor and I never got one second of noise or trouble. He was kind enough to let me know by leaving me a note Monday that he will be leaving the end of the month, which is now much to my dismay. For some reason I thought it was the 23rd and I still had a week to process this.

He also said I have been a great neighbor, about time someone noticed that.

Now I'll get remodeling noise, noise from when the manager shows the place and move in noise. When there’s a effing vacancy they work 7 days a week making all that noise. They start at 8am and keep remodeling these apartments over and over. There’s only so much they can do.

Anyway he was my neighbor 4 years so I’m spoiled. Will, I know you can relate to uncertainty of new neighbors. This election is already killing me and now this.

August is usually my favorite month because of no holidays but now I'll probably get a new neighbor in the middle of the month. I feel like summer is when bad things happen to me.

It seems like everything is going wrong at once. My neighbor is gone and yesterday in the mail I got a jury summons for a seedy part of town. It's for the week of September 2nd which is Labor Day. Even though I may not have to report, I already worry. Nobody wants to go there.

I even had a nightmare last night that when I called that number, a woman answered (it's automated in real life) to tell me something different from what the form says. And she said to look also for an email but it wasn't on there.

It's the routine of calling in every night after 7pm for 5 days, though I don't know how they handle a holiday, like does it count. I know I can't drive in that hellish traffic and deal with the parking. 7 is awfully late to know if I have to get up earlier. And the usual threatening language is all over the form like I better not miss checking in.

Now all I’m doing is agonizing over jury duty and neighbors. It takes me 2 months to adjust to a new neighbor at least.

And regarding people not following through or up, that happens to me a lot too. Or lip service, I guess that means the same thing. It’s a matter of time before I find out if someone telling me something they will do is just lip service. Both people and companies aren’t what they used to be. Or maybe because I’m older I’m more aware of bs.

———
Sent from my iPhone
Is there any way to get out of jury duty? I've been summoned twice in my life, but both times I got out of it by telling them I was medically incapable of serving and listing my mental health history. Both times my requests to be disqualified were approved without any request for documentary evidence.
3rd rock is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Thanks for this!
JaneOnceMore, T4bbyCat, unaluna