Grand Magnate

Member Since Oct 2017
247 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Aug 01, 2024 at 05:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MuddyBoots View Post
Oy. Can you commit to completely stopping exercise until the ED thoughts chill out a bit? Or if you think you can, maybe go back to your old routine and if you catch yourself getting away with it definitely stop? You're pretty good at recognizing when things are slipping, it seems. I know it's hard, but if you're starting to overdo it, a break would be good. Some people might find reminding the worst parts of when they were at the worst (and knowing it can get to that point again) helpful (I mean, I don't, but I'm not really at a point I'd say I'm' in recovery). It sounds a bit repetitive, but I know I look back to the worst time I'd been, I can find some good and that good seems worth it with ED thoughts so I have to keep in mind the weakness, the Mallory-Weiss tear, the inability to think outside of the ED, the hair loss, the fights, the comments from other people, etc.
Completely stop? I don't think so. Maybe try to go back to the old routine. Ugh, I really hate this. One the one hand, my body is telling me to slow down, I'm not 20 any more either, on the other hand, starting to see results toning. I still have the scale unfortunately. I am not losing weight. I still weigh more than I did a year ago, which is low-normal. I weigh normal, normal as in smack dab in the middle of normal for my height, but of course, I can't see that.

Seroquel, Cymbalta, propanolol, buspirone, Trazodone, gabapentin, lamotrigine, hydroxyzine,

There's a crack in everything. That is how the light gets in.
--Leonard Cohen
Blueberrybook is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote