View Single Post
SquarePegGuy
Veteran Member

Member Since Mar 2020
104 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Aug 01, 2024 at 09:42 PM

I thought I"d post before losing all that content.

But I'm not done with you yet!

Breathing is so important. In martial arts, a strong exhale punctuates every strike to make it most powerful. You've heard the Sensei yell "Kiya" as he or she breaks a stack of flaming boards. My thought is that also it distracts you from the pain you'd feel when your fist strikes the target.

And now for something different.

2. I have no idea about what you're writing about in #2, sorry.

3. When I met my wife for the first time, she was about your size, perhaps 140lb. We enjoyed hiking, and eventually we honeymooned in the White Mountains and hiked nearly every day. I was much better than her going uphill. (But my childhood prepared me for this. I was born the third child in a home meant for only two children. When I was old enough to go up and down the stairs, my parents got a humidifier for the basement and made my bedroom there. So I was stair climbing a great deal earlier than most.) Yet my wife could zip back and forth in the kitchen faster than me, and shop for hours in a huge soul-draining department store whereas I could barely walk to the furniture department and do my seated mannequin impression, and she could navigate the NYC streets while I was dazed and overwhelmed and afraid she'd leave me behind.

Weight fluctuates. I think the menses play a role in a monthly fluctuation. Inflammation also mimics weight gain. If I could stick with a paleo diet, I'd be back to a comfortable weight. But once I eat some bread, then, Bam, my stomach protrudes and I feel myself in a stronger gravitational field (heavy legs and like I'm walking through waist deep water).

I used to post my stats weekly on my blog (weight, % body fat, waist size). But I've kinda given up on that for a while. If you're interested, you can see it here:
Thoughts of a Square Peg on a Round World: Weight-o-Meter

Right now, all my numbers are going up because of my summer "*****et List"