Desert Kitty hates titles

Member Since Jul 2008
7,545 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Unhappy Aug 03, 2024 at 02:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3rd rock View Post
Is there any way to get out of jury duty? I've been summoned twice in my life, but both times I got out of it by telling them I was medically incapable of serving and listing my mental health history. Both times my requests to be disqualified were approved without any request for documentary evidence.
Rock, sadly no. Only living outside the county or being deceased will you get out. I MAY not have to go, as I have to call this automated system after 7pm for 5 days to see if I have to report the next day. I got called for service 2 years ago but didn’t have to report. It was a better location. I have no medical condition for exemption. If under 70 you need a doctor’s statement on the form and even then they want details on when you’d be fit. If over 70 you write down the reason.

I see why people try to get out of it. They treat you like cattle when you arrive, pay a measly $15 a DAY and 15 cents a mile, one way only as if you don’t go home. And the notice is filled with threats about fines and jail if you don’t cooperate. Of course they could be idle threats but who knows? It depends on whether it’s federal or county and what area you’re in, where it might be a tad better on pay and mileage.

The system needs an overhaul like everything else. It’s less than a month away and I’m already agonizing over it. Thanks for your reply.

———
Sent from my iPhone

Hmmm....looks like some good tips in here.

"Okay, enough photos. I'm a very BUSY Business Kitty, so make an appointment next time."
nonightowl is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
3rd rock, JaneOnceMore, T4bbyCat