LonesomeTonight
Always in This Twilight

Member Since Feb 2015
76.1k hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Aug 09, 2024 at 04:41 PM

Dear T,

That was more awkward than I'd hoped it would be. Especially the initial hand-shaking. I guess I should have mentioned it again Tuesday, but at the time, we were focusing on other stuff, and I guess I thought maybe you'd have remembered my wanting to shake hands at the beginning of the first session in the new office. Clearly not, as you seemed confused. Glad you agreed to it (though your hand was more sweaty than usual!)

Plus, I really had thought that was the fish in the video before, so it threw me that it wasn't. I probably should have asked about it early on instead of waiting till the 30-minute mark. Glad it was still there, just hiding in a place out of my view. I'm not sure how I feel about it being there, though I'd rather it be there than not at all. I just went from thinking it was very much in the open to being unsure whether it was there at all to finding that it was hiding in a corner.

Then there was the other stuff about the p-docs and diagnoses and such. Plus feeling invalidated about what my mom said on driving in the rain. And, well, the different angle, which you pointed out at the end. Gonna try one of the chairs next time.

I did appreciate the "welcome to the new office" at the parting handshake (though maybe it would have fit better at the opening one?)

Love,
LT

Hugs from:
ScarletPimpernel