View Single Post
LadyShadow
Wanderer of Distant Stars

Member Since May 2012
13.4k hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Aug 10, 2024 at 11:51 AM

I think there was a double question, so I will answer both.

Q: Along the same lines......have you ever participated in a NAMI educational class? Yes, they were really good too! I took a lot of them when I lived in New York - being part of NAMI was really helpful, especially when it there was so much to do because it was such a big city. I especially enjoyed all the NAMI Walks at Jones Beach every year - got to meet a lot of cool people and enjoyed the exercise!

Q: Do you live in a mental health desert?

Right now, I do. I live in a small city away from the main Capitol and there isn't much here at all. I know I have to do telehealth therapy because there are just no in-person therapists here or anywhere it seems anymore. And if they do, they charge an arm and a leg and doesn't accept my insurance. Even though I am feeling the lack of mental health support in my area, and it isn't exactly the same thing, my AA homegroup offers a lot of support in the other areas that I am lacking.

So, along those lines, do you have a dual diagnosis? Have you suffered with addiction since having bipolar?