Monster on the Hill

Member Since Sep 2020
5,853 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Aug 11, 2024 at 01:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue_Bird View Post
I have that same workbook, it’s really good. I also have another DBT book by the same publisher new harbinger , called The Dialectical Behavior therapy workbook which is also really good. I printed out the accompanying worksheets that go with it since I got them as ebooks. You can find the printable stuff on new harbingers website. I like that I can make as many copies of the different worksheets as I like so I can do them over and over again
I'm on The Eight Trigger Categories chapter (8). Did you have a lot of difficulty with this one too? It says you can control your triggers. I mean, one of my triggers is literally people breathing. Am I supposed to suffocate everybody that gets close to me? And the way they go about Mindfulness. I can do it, yeah, but it makes me freak out because I'm engaged in focusing on that one thing, and I need to be aware of practically everything around me unless I'm in a place I KNOW I can't get hurt. How do you turn that off? Should I? Yeah, it's tiring, but I'm pretty sure that's the reason I'm not dead or tied up in some dude's basement right now.

I have problems with the "Let it Out" List too. It's more when I'm manic though and the racing thoughts are from that instead of being triggered though.

Was this chapter bs other than identifying triggers?