Always in This Twilight

Member Since Feb 2015
75.9k hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Aug 11, 2024 at 04:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChickenNoodleSoup View Post
I feel like people have wiped covid from their mind somewhat. I get it, but if you are ill with it, there is a non-diminishing chance of it going to be a bad illness burdening you for life. Kind of weird to me how society treats it.
Agreed. A U.S. runner competed in a race in the Olympics 2 days after he tested positive. He collapsed at the end and needed some help. He seemed proud that he still got bronze (he was favored for gold), but all I could think was how selfish he was. He was hugging and up close to other athletes there. Had a mask on later, but still. They had no Covid protocols for the Paris games, which just seemed wrong.

My H had it a couple months ago. I was a bit ill then, but never tested positive (it took him about 5 days after he first started feeling ill to test positive, too). So unsure if I possibly had it? (I had it in May 2023, but managed to keep H and D from getting it via masking, isolation, and air purifiers/open windows).

I feel we have to be careful because my mother-in-law has multiple conditions that put her at high-risk, and she tends to watch my D once a week.

Hope it's not Covid, Jersey!
LonesomeTonight is online now   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Thanks for this!
unaluna