View Single Post
divine1966
Legendary Wise Elder

Member Since Dec 2014
1,291 hugs
given
Default Aug 12, 2024 at 04:26 AM

Honestly if it’s a future plan for a trip that isn’t happening tomorrow, I see no need to discuss it or share. If you do share and they say it’s unsafe or what not, just say you’ll consider it and you’ll think about it etc and just move on.

I have no doubts your parents are a piece of work. But to all honesty, I don’t think your mom says it because she thinks you are boogie boomer or incapable of good choices, but because parents do worry regardless of their kids age or status or independence level. That’s just normal. Trust me. Some parents are more vocal about it than others but the point stands.

If you visit your parents or even if you don’t and just have conversations, you might want to limit topics you discuss. Unless they must know something, there’s no need to discuss.

Ultimately you’ll go to vacations of your choice and work jobs that you want. Their opinion isn’t going to change it. You don’t need their permission. So discussing topics that leave you upset and cause friction is just pointless.
divine1966 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Thanks for this!
indigo1015