Monster on the Hill

Member Since Sep 2020
6,249 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Aug 13, 2024 at 01:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lizardlady View Post
I find it ironic that a thread about the site being slow has taken off.

Seesaw mentioned lurking here. I've been doing the same. I pop in every day and look around. If I think I have something to contribute I reply, otherwise I just log back out.

I initially pulled back from here when I started pulling back from the world in general. Given the political atmosphere in the US I disengaged from MSF, the news, all of the nonsense in the world. It was a long struggle to reach a place of peace between my ears. I was not willing to give that up. I've started to poke my head out of my cave the last few weeks. Been posting a bit more, but admit it is frustrating to post and get few replies.

Several others mentioned another site that has a lot of activity. I seem to remember the guidelines here discourage talking about other sites by name. Could be wrong, but I'm not going to use the name of the place
I am more active there than I am here lately. There are about ten zillion different subs/forums there that cover any topic you can imagine. I'm active there with topics that don't come up here. It's not about a rush from immediate answers. It's about topics that don't come up here.
Guidelines schmidelines. First book banning, then a railroad gets shut down, then not being able to mention other forums, then being forced to pray and being watched to make sure you are, then the intense parts of Orwellian compositions come to life and if you don't praise Big Brother...well...

Hugs from:
LadyShadow, nonightowl

Thanks for this!
nonightowl