nonightowl
Desert Kitty hates titles

Member Since Jul 2008
7,553 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Frown Aug 14, 2024 at 12:00 PM

My two cents for what it’s worth to anyone:

I haven’t started threads since 2019 due to drop in activity and other stuff that happened in real life. I come for interaction not to practice my typing. But online communities are for the thick skinned. I’ve viewed threads on both Reddit and Quora on what I thought were harmless topics. Stuff like why hyperlinks suddenly don’t work in Outlook and people got condescending about it. Not everyone is tech savvy.

The social groups on here used to be pretty active and members could create their own groups! And forums! It could even be private. I miss that. It hasn’t been active since 2018.

This site used to have dozens of new members in 24 hours, now it’s just one or two. I don’t know if the name change made a difference. For me the solution is to come less often and don’t expect or hope for replies. Or hugs or thanks. Even on Goodreads I stopped posting much or writing reviews because I don’t know if anyone is even reading them. I tried to start a buddy read and nobody responded. So I gave up on that.

People are hot and cold online, nice to you one day and mean the next. I don’t need that kind of inconsistency since I have that in real life. For example the apartment manager sometimes sends long winded emails and other times tells us nothing.

What keeps me coming here is the few nice old timers still left and the games threads. I miss others who were also long time members but haven’t logged in for years. Seems I can’t escape loss, even online.

———
Sent from my iPhone

Hmmm....looks like some good tips in here.

"Okay, enough photos. I'm a very BUSY Business Kitty, so make an appointment next time."
nonightowl is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
jesyka, LadyShadow, Travelinglady

Thanks for this!
Crazy Hitch, Discombobulated, LadyShadow