Desert Kitty hates titles

Member Since Jul 2008
7,619 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Unhappy Aug 14, 2024 at 12:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by will19 View Post
There's a racket going on next door to me. The driveway is being worked on. There are all kinds of jackhammers at work to break up the pavements. Those kind of noises are not helping me out emotionally. It's not a large driveway, so I hope it will be done soon. I've had to keep my windows closed on account of the noise; and it's hot outside. I feel like I'm suffocating. This has been a very noisy summer.

The other night one of the steps on the stairwell came apart. Someone had stepped on the step and it broke off in half. The stairwell is closed. No notice as to when the repairs will happen. I miss it because it's close to me and I prefer to use it than the elevator.

It seemed like this year started off pretty good. But since May things have been going downhill. It's getting worse as the days go on.
Same here! The company next to us is either removing or replacing their HUGE satellite dishes. The cranes and other equipment is making unbearable noise. It echoes through my building because it’s an echo chamber anyway. I thought it was maintenance but I looked and they weren’t there. The noise starts at 8am here except Sundays.

Right now our trash is overflowing. The manager said he called the company and their excuse was the roadwork and closures. He said he told them they can get around them. Also people who don’t live in the building are apparently dumping stuff so there’s no room for our trash. He put up a sign saying no illegal dumping, the area is under surveillance and it’s for our building. But that’s not going to stop people. They drive or bike through the alley and dump stuff. It hasn’t been picked up for days and there’s bags of trash on the ground now.

It’s hot here too and getting cigarette smoke a lot now. The wind never changes direction. It always blows this way and I can smell it even with the windows closed.

The days are getting noticeably shorter but still long enough for people to be noisy.

I take the stairs too because I’m claustrophobic. We’ve had trouble with the elevator so much I’m afraid I’ll get stuck in there. And it’s not air conditioned.

And I don’t want to be stuck in there with someone I want to avoid. But I do take it when I have groceries or I’ll have to make twice as many trips. That was exhausting when it was down for over 8 months. Recently it was down in the other building for months. It’s the same landlord. I go there to do laundry if it’s busy here. Thankfully it’s on the ground floor.

I feel this city is just going down the tubes. And I feel I’m suffocating too.
———
Sent from my iPhone

Hmmm....looks like some good tips in here.

"Okay, enough photos. I'm a very BUSY Business Kitty, so make an appointment next time."
nonightowl is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
3rd rock, JaneOnceMore, T4bbyCat, will19