View Single Post
comrademoomoo
Grand Poohbah

Member Since Feb 2019
PC PoohBah!
Default Aug 15, 2024 at 08:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LostOnTheTrail View Post
She said she experienced me as more articulate today, but that's purely because we were talking about stuff that I'd chosen so as not to get emotional.
That's interesting, isn't it? A different part of you became more vocal and more centre because of the circumstances, so pronounced that your therapist noticed. Maybe this is a good chance for both of you to pay attention to this aspect of you who has now shown up in therapy. A chance to give this part a shot rather than the part who is very focused on speaking about the grief and pain, almost to the point of everything else being less important, less notable, not "the real work". Obviously the grief and pain is significant for you and I hope it doesn't sound like I am meaning you should minimise it. However, all parts of us are important including those we don't really see the value in.

Paying attention to the field is a very Gestalt thing so might not be a natural part of your therapy, but noticing what happens for you when the environment and circumstances are less than ideal could be good work - you see your therapist as unavailable, other more protective parts of you emerge and so on. Rather than being an inconvenience/perceived abandonment, the virtual time might offer a chance for a different depth of work. It's not of your choosing and it's not what you want, but it is an opportunity for something.
comrademoomoo is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
Lemoncake

Thanks for this!
Lemoncake, LonesomeTonight, unaluna, WarmFuzzySocks