View Single Post
LonesomeTonight
Always in This Twilight

Member Since Feb 2015
76.1k hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Aug 15, 2024 at 04:37 PM

Hugs, Scarlet. I'm sorry--I know how hard it can be. I will say that I'm adapting to Dr. T's new office better than I expected to--the first session was rough (also due to awkwardness at the beginning, when I asked for a handshake), but trying a different seat in the next session helped. I still struggle with it some and imagine I will for some time.

It's good that it sounds like, from the dates, you'll be able to try out the new office before leaving the old one. So at least you'll know what to expect. One thing I wished I'd done is, with the first few sessions virtual in Dr. T's new office, is that I wish he'd given me a sort of tour from his computer. But we were in conflict at the time and focused on that. I also wish in the first session in person in the new office, he'd said, "Take some time to look around." (My awkward handshake request at the beginning seemed to prevent that, though that was partly his fault for completely forgetting I'd asked about that at one point). Like maybe a bit of time to sort of look around could help? Or to see pictures or video first? I don't know. Just some thoughts and regrets from my recent/ongoing experience.
LonesomeTonight is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
ScarletPimpernel

Thanks for this!
LostOnTheTrail, ScarletPimpernel