View Single Post
Blue_Bird
Legendary Wise Elder

Member Since Jun 2013
14.8k hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Aug 16, 2024 at 09:29 AM

Got this cake today at the food pantry, isn't it beautiful. Also got a lot of other good food

I'm a little annoyed because my doctor forgot to send refills for my abilify and now I had to call the clinic today to remind them and they can take up to 48 hours to fulfill a med refill request and it's the weekend and I'm completely out of my abilify probably until it gets refilled and I can get to the pharmacy next monday or tuesday at the latest. So that sucks. I'll be without it for 4-5 days. I have my other meds. But that one is kind of really important. It's not the end of the world but it's not ideal.

Anyway, I'm doing pretty well. I passed my apartment inspection the other day. I have another one coming up on the 28th but that's just like a yearly HUD one not the monthly one. I'm a little nervous but not too bad. I've been doing my best to keep on top of keeping my apartment clean and organized. That's all I can do and try not to worry or stress.

I'm gonna be facilitating a senior coffee day and a senior bingo day at my apartment complex for the senior people in the building. It's part of me trying to socialize more. I think they asked me to do it becuase they feel I'll have an easier time socilazing with people older than me than people in my age range. I feel more anxious around people in my age range (30). Idk why. I feel less self conscious around older people.

My kindle fire decided to be stupid and turn my screen blurry. Idk what's wrong with it. I tried reseting it and powering on/off, factory resetting etc nothing seems to be fixing it. I think it's a firmware issue. It just randomly happened last night out of nowhere. It's a kindle fire 11th generation. Which sucks cause I love reading on my kindle but I still have the kindle app on my iphone and though it's not quite as nice as reading with an actual kindle I can still read all my books on there. It's a good alternative to scrolling social media, now I open my kindle app more frequently and am reading all the time. The whole hour I was waiting at the food pantry to open I stood there reading a book on my kindle on my phone. I may eventually have to replace my kindle someday though if it doesn't fix itself. But that will be down the road when I can afford to.

Oh I forgot to mention, I recently was approved for a survivors benefit from social security due to my mom having worked and also been on SSI as well. So I now get an additional $606 a month on top of my regular ssi $943 a month. So my income went up quite a bit. My rent will increase some as a result but I still make out better than I was before this. So that's nice. Next goal is to become my own payee sometime in september.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg cake3.jpg (369.9 KB, 3 views)

Thanks for this!
cogladaid, Sometimes psychotic