View Single Post
nonightowl
Desert Kitty hates titles

Member Since Jul 2008
7,619 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Unhappy Aug 17, 2024 at 11:20 AM

There used to be dozens of new members every time I logged in up until about 6 years ago or so and now just one or two. I have pages of threads where most have just a handful of replies. So every now and then I have to clean them up. I mostly stick to my subscriptions that are moving, even if not daily.

Kahapati thanks for saying its like that in Germany too. I’ve always wondered about other countries and if their forums are busy, if people are mean, etc. And that’s another thing I noticed: I don’t see as many members from other countries as before. I really miss that.

Tapatalk touts thousands of forums but I never tried it as I expect to find more of the same. Guess I’ve gotten skeptical about all this. The site I go to for make up and skin care talk has dozens of forums about everything else. And I’ve seen the same toxic behavior as Reddit and Quora. And it seems to lack moderation, there’s not even a report or flag button.

Discomb is right that one can get kind words from people they wouldn’t get in real life, whether on here or elsewhere. And the opposite is true, given the anonymity of the internet.

My bs radar is much better and I’ve gotten more skilled at avoiding mean or inconsistent people. The uncertainty in my life is off the charts so I don’t need it here.

Recently my next door neighbor moved and he was a nice quiet guy. And he left me a note saying he was moving and I was a great neighbor. I saved that note as it’s the only kind word I have gotten from anyone in months.

Ironic that this thread is busy….when it’s about the site not being busy. But it’s reassuring because it proves it’s not just me. I thought I was being gaslit on this subject.

———
Sent from my iPhone

Hmmm....looks like some good tips in here.

"Okay, enough photos. I'm a very BUSY Business Kitty, so make an appointment next time."
nonightowl is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
Discombobulated, LadyShadow, rechu, Travelinglady, Violetta75

Thanks for this!
Discombobulated, LadyShadow, Violetta75