Always in This Twilight

Member Since Feb 2015
75.8k hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Aug 20, 2024 at 12:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by comrademoomoo View Post
The much loved but deflated float is a poetic image. I hope you find some opportunities for yourself so you can have what you need. Holidays and trips can be so intense and fraught with loaded expectations (our own and those of others).
Thanks, Comrade. Yes, that is quite symbolic. There are lots of expectations for vacations--going back to my childhood, when we'd spend a week at the beach every year. My mom had certain things she'd want us to do each day and night.

Then there was the need for perfect photos. I'd go down to the beach early with my dad, and she'd say I couldn't go in the ocean and get my hair wet till she came down an hour later and could take pictures. I just have lots of pictures of my D with wet hair because I think the experience is more important than catalog-worthy photos.

I was on the beach with my parents and D this morning for a bit (H went shopping), and that went OK. I'm supposed to have a date night with H tonight, while my parents watch D, and I'm just not feeling it. But maybe we can still have fun.
LonesomeTonight is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
Jersey 4, ScarletPimpernel