View Single Post
Banzaiman

Member Since Jul 2024
Default Aug 20, 2024 at 02:26 PM

To be honest, I think me confronting her has stopped anything further from escalating between them. However, I've asked her to go to counseling to save the marriage but she doesn't want to. I think I've hurt her soo much. It's basically emotional neglect. It hurts so bad that she's willing to throw 12 years away. Her defence is that this didn't come out of the blue, I believe they call it walk away wife syndrome. Yes there were signs, but I'm a bloke, I'm not a mind reader, when she told me she was unhappy I assumed I needed to do more around the home, cooking, cleaning etc. she wanted us to do more things together not as a family, I think maybe she has an unrealistic expectation of a marriage. She's 38 and I'm 36. I know for a fact I will be looking for her in everyone I meet. Once we decide what to do with the house I'll need to save as much as I can to buy my own place, I've never lived on my own before, me and my wife rented for a year, then we got married, bought a house and had our first child in a year. It moved fast but it felt right as it's what we both wanted and I can't even begin to explain what a feeling it was, to find someone with the same values, dreams and morals as yourself. I'm starting to see a councillor now so I'm hoping that's going to help
Banzaiman is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote