Magnate

Member Since Apr 2016
1,063 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Aug 22, 2024 at 09:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nonightowl View Post
Kahapati thanks for saying its like that in Germany too. I’ve always wondered about other countries and if their forums are busy, if people are mean, etc. And that’s another thing I noticed: I don’t see as many members from other countries as before. I really miss that.

Speaking of international forums, I am on a forum for foreigners living in this country. It used to be managed by a guy who has a business advising people on relocation to here. During Covid some antivaxxers targeted him for his posts and made threats (yes, really!) so he shut it down.

A few members set up a new forum. The other forum shut down so fast, it wasn't possible to let everyone know the new address. I had contact with someone through another means, so I was informed of the new site. I also think the new forum is less visible in web searches because there have been few new members.

Anyways, it has always been less active than the old forum, but it's even slower in the last few months. It's winter here, so you'd think people would be inside more and more likely to post.
rechu is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
LadyShadow, nonightowl

Thanks for this!
LadyShadow, lizardlady, nonightowl, Travelinglady, WastingAsparagus