View Single Post
delightful

Member Since Feb 2020
13 hugs
given
Default Aug 22, 2024 at 12:27 PM

Hi,
R, I'm impressed with all your accomplishments.

The paperback proof of Unfamiliar Waters is coming tomorrow.

Meanwhile, I uploaded the manuscript for the ebook. Amazon AI informed me that it would be better with a table of contents, and offered links to make that happen. First try - unsuccessful. Second try - uploaded KDP's software and followed the steps to create a table of contents, and uploaded to the publisher. The table of contents was missing.

Third try - Kindle Create suggested upgrading. In a moment of stupidity, I said, "allow". It was taking forever to upload, so I cancelled it. The screen froze. I turned off the power. When I turned it back on, The frozen screen came back on. Interestingly, the rest of my computer is not affected (thank you, thank you) But I can't get rid of the Kindle Create screen. Control, alt delete doesn't do it. Turning off power doesn't do it. I can click on the k icon at the bottom, and a miniature of the Kindle Create screen pops up, but I can click on the X and it doesn't close the screen. Tried calling Amazon. They called me back on my old number and said they couldn't reach me. Tried the chat. They asked for a screen shot. Followed directions. It didn't work. Took a picture of the screen by phone. I am now working on getting that picture to my computer.

Have a nice day.
delightful is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote