View Single Post
Have Hope
Wise Elder

Member Since Dec 2017
3,676 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Aug 23, 2024 at 06:04 AM

@RDMercer, I am actually long overdue for the annual blood tests that I should be doing to check on all those levels you mention. I also will start taking a multi-vitamin for middle-aged women that has vitamin D and magnesium.

I am menopausal, and I am sure that this phase is also contributing.

My sleep began to be grossly interfered with, beginning just several months ago. I was waking up consistently at 3-4 AM, unable to fall back asleep and wide awake. I now only need 6 hours of sleep instead of 8 per night. My energy level is just fine during the day on 6 hours, but my internal clock has clearly shifted quite a lot, and I am attributing that to menopausal symptoms.

I am hearing from similar aged girlfriends that there is very little current medical research on menopause symptoms and treatment options, and that doctors rely on research conducted in the 60'6-70's! That's appalling. So present doctors rely on outdated information and have very little to say about any new or unheard of symptoms women display due to menopause. And every woman's experience can be different because the physiological makeup is unique to every person.

Point being, I am in menopause and that plays a significant role, perhaps not regarding the inflammation and pain I have in my groin, but definitely my sleep and my hormones are going haywire.

So I will research women's multi-vitamins and may also begin icing or applying a heating pad to the area that hurts on my groin. It's gotten so much worse now, and I've been dealing with it for the last 2 years.

~4 Non Blondes
Have Hope is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote