View Single Post
SquarePegGuy
Veteran Member

Member Since Mar 2020
104 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Aug 23, 2024 at 06:36 PM

About six weeks ago, my wife and I euthanized one of our three cats.

After the injection, his breathing got slower. I remained mindful of my thoughts and feelings. But suddenly I felt a constriction in my chest and throat and had the urge to become a sobbing blubbery mess.

I'm sure there was no thought that triggered this intense feeling. My metaphysical idea is that as his spirit left, he touched me with an impactful outpouring of love.

Ever since then I have been impatient, easily annoyed, quick to anger. I mean as soon I got home, I got fed up with some clutter that's been in my way for months, and I just grabbed it and hurled it out into the trash can.

My therapist confirms that anger can arise from grief. He also suggests to "sit with it" in the manner of a Buddhist. I had been moving away from the trigger and doing breathwork. I've also been harnessing that energy and decluttering or breaking through red tape and obstacles. So I don't consider it all bad.

Tell me what you think about this, please. Were there times when you've experienced this?

Thanks

Hugs from:
Discombobulated, FloatThruThis