Desert Kitty hates titles

Member Since Jul 2008
7,560 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Unhappy Aug 24, 2024 at 10:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyShadow View Post
It's so funny as others and @nonightowl have said that a thread of about how slow this site is has gotten so many replies. I have two threads that I post on that are constantly busy and people posting on, so that's what keeps me coming back as well as the games thread. I found a way to go back and resurrect some game threads that may have gotten lost, so in bringing some of those back, I am glad to see them being used again.

Maintaining subscriptions I have on some of the threads I have created helps because when I post on them even when others don't post on them keeps them alive; it's what I have been doing since being more active here in recent months. This is still an amazing community to be a part of and I am so grateful @DocJohn and his dedication to keeping this site alive and going.
As long as there’s at least one nice person left on this site to talk to, it will keep me coming back. Only a few of my threads have regular activity. Thankfully the book thread on here is more interactive than the one on Goodreads.

I’m reluctant to resurrect old threads or repeat/repost things as have “gotten beat up” for it. Some people don’t want old stuff brought back but there’s no pleasing everyone.

A couple of games threads died just this past spring or early summer. That’s because just 3 of us were posting, including myself, and both of those members haven’t logged in since. I miss them and the threads.

It’s hard to know what threads to remove from my subscriptions because I never know IF they could be brought back by someone. The thread on Matthew Perry had just a few responses, then when news broke that suspects in his death, it got revived. I have seen an apparently new thing with a message at the bottom of years long threads. It says you PROBABLY shouldn’t post in it as the OP is unlikely to see it.

Personally I don’t notice dates as they are so tiny. I notice content and titles of threads. Whether the OP will mind that a thread was revived is such an individual thing and a tough call.

I still think of members I haven’t seen on here in 5 years or longer. And I’ll never know what happened to them since I don’t know them in real life.

———
Sent from my iPhone

Hmmm....looks like some good tips in here.

"Okay, enough photos. I'm a very BUSY Business Kitty, so make an appointment next time."
nonightowl is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
LadyShadow, Travelinglady, unaluna

Thanks for this!
Discombobulated, FooZe, LadyShadow, Travelinglady, unaluna