LostOnTheTrail
Human Feeling

Member Since Aug 2011
3,438 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Aug 25, 2024 at 06:24 AM

Hi, all.

My therapy has been disrupted since mid-June when my therapist announced that she would be working virtually for the month of August.

A couple of weeks after this announcement, I gained some new insight that I really needed to talk to her about.

Possible trigger:

We had one session to talk about the knowledge I have gained in factual terms, and I anticipated being able to explore my feelings around this in the following session.

She reminded me that I could email in between if anything was left over, and I took her at her word.

Come the next session, she apologised for not replying to my email due to a week of technical difficulties. This included the camera on her laptop not working.

I panicked and got frustrated, which meant that she spent the rest of that session trying to reassure me.

The impact of this new knowledge is such that I cannot discuss it whilst we're working online.

So I feel as though I've basically had a six week break from therapy, even though we've met online during this time.

When we scheduled the virtual sessions, I noticed that the break she envisaged would encompass World Suicide Prevention Day.

It's a triggering day for me, because I only know about it thanks to Steve, and it takes on new significance now that he is gone.

We arranged to resume in-person on WSPD (10th September) and as it gets closer, I'm questioning my decision.

If you have had to rebuild your sense of safety with your therapist after a break...how did that work? What sort of things did you do in session to help?

Thank you for taking the time to read this post.

Best wishes,

Lost

Just hold on tight, that's all you gotta do...'

Steve Earle - Fort Worth Blues

'You have all the grace you need for today, and today is all that matters.' - Steve Austin
LostOnTheTrail is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
LonesomeTonight