View Single Post
Blue_Bird
Legendary Wise Elder

Member Since Jun 2013
14.9k hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Aug 25, 2024 at 03:35 PM

I’ve come to the realization that I’ve completely recovered from anorexia. Not just in terms of weight but also the mental aspect of it. The obsessiveness over food and calories and losing weight and over exercising. I keep facing things that used to trigger me like exercising or the opportunity to restrict and I just don’t do it and it’s not even hard anymore. I exercise in a healthy way. Mostly for my mental health and not to lose weight. And I never restrict anymore. If I fee myself getting hungry sometimes the thought passes my mind maybe I should restrict but I ignore it and immediately eat. Like it’s not even hard anymore? Idk it’s crazy to me because I struggled with anorexia and also purging since I was 10 years old. And for most of my life any little thing would trigger me. I literally just came to the realization today that I’m fully recovered from my eating disorder. I have zero intention of putting myself through the uncomfortable hell of one ever again and do not have the intention of letting one ever consume my life again. It’s just automatic to me now to eat when I’m physically hungry and I don’t obsess about my weight anymore. Like yeah I’d like to lose some of what I gained but I’m not overly concerned about it or obsessing about it. I’m not unhappy about it.

Thanks for this!
cogladaid, Sometimes psychotic