Tart Cherry Jam
Magnate

Member Since Mar 2021
1,229 hugs
given
Default Aug 27, 2024 at 12:33 AM

I have not been on the boards for aged.

My update:

in July, something really odd started happening to me. Occasionally, small amounts of saliva (very small) pool under my tongue, making me swallow repetitively and annoyingly.

The neurologist, the ENT doctor and the psychiatrist do not think anything is wrong with me in their department. I will see the internist and the dentist in September to discuss that.

Sometimes it bothers me when I am driving. Sometimes when I am trying to fall asleep. The worst was when it was so annoying that it kept me awake until 4AM!

To make sure that it is not tardive dyskinesia, I tried not swallowing and I was able to do that. So, the movements are not uncontrollable. Just very annoying.

And I am now afraid that it is a delayed reaction to my trying, in winter, a prescription dextroamphetamine, a stimulant for narcolepsy. It made me swallow all the time. I stopped it for that reason and some other side effects.

On the plus side, I am doing better and better with sleep. Need less of it.

And, I occasionally floss twice, in the morning and at bedtime. At the same time I stopped trying to brush for the second time.

So that is all my news. glad to see that you are keeping the thread alive.

Geodon 40 mg
Seroquel 75 mg

Gabapentin 1200 mg+Vitamin B-complex (against extrapyramidal side effects)

Long term side effects from medications, some of them discontinued:
- hypothyroidism
- obesity BMI ~ 38
Tart Cherry Jam is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote