View Single Post
MuddyBoots
Monster on the Hill

Member Since Sep 2020
6,278 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Aug 27, 2024 at 01:50 PM

They gave me enough Haldol for 2/day, and the way they're talking to me is insinuating I should be taking those 2 every day, just I choose what time. (Yes, they're doing stuff like asking me why I didn't take them, and if I say I didn't really need them, they tell me I should schedule it during what's generally my more difficult parts of the day. Yeah, schedule a PRN. I know right?). Even if I take one, they act like that's a problem.

(On med management with the expectation that I give back all meds I didn't take--regardless of intention or lack thereof--because of OD history, so they know what I'm doing with the meds on a day to day basis unless I lie, but that usually backfires)

I thought this idea was really weird. I'd think "as needed" meds should be taken as needed. Maybe it's because they still don't trust me to know when it is needed? Anyone else have some sort of experience where you have a PRN, but your pdoc/team expects you to take it every day whether you (feel you) need it or not?

Hugs from:
unaluna