View Single Post
shamon86

Member Since May 2013
1 hugs
given
Trig Aug 27, 2024 at 08:15 PM

My therapist told me I am reassurance seeking and after looking up exactly what that is, I think he's right (he hasn't connected it to OCD but to me it lines up with my other behaviors).
I know what my thoughts are and how absolutely crazy they make me, so I can only imagine that he is tired of the repetition of the same anxieties that I have every single session. I don't necessarily want to censor my thoughts during our sessions because I guess I need to work through them, but I also feel bad because he's having to hear me talk about the same things over and over again and me still not accepting it. I'm starting to feel trapped because a lot of research I've looked at says that therapists should not reinforce reassurance seeking in therapy. But talking to my T decreases my anxiety (even only for a little while, but it still helps) which is connected to reassurance. So now, I feel like I'm going to be anxiety ridden for the rest of my life. I don't know what to do in therapy now and if my anxiety is going to be like this all my life, I'm not going to make it.
shamon86 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
LonesomeTonight, mote.of.soul, ScarletPimpernel