View Single Post
Revenge Tour

Member Since Apr 2023
106 hugs
given
Default Aug 28, 2024 at 08:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by eskielover View Post

Totally agree. The previous was only partial where I lived & promised myself I would go to the total location. It was about a 4 hour drive halfway across the state. I got parked by the river & lots of other small groups set up there too. The darkness of total was an amazing experience & cheers came from everyone along the river at the moment that total hit. So thankful I followed through on my desire to see & experience the "total".

My other breath away moment was the first time I saw just how massive the grand canyon actually is. In my imagination I had no idea how huge it is & taking the mule trip down to the plateau & seeing the canyon between 2 mule ears was so cool.

Another breathtaking experience was seeing Yellowstone in the winter all snow covered. Made the steam from the geysers even more amazing & frost covered trees that they call "ghost trees" in the winter. Bison & elk wandering close to the snowplowed road they only allow x-country skiing, snowmobiles or snow coaches on.
A mule trip down the GC would be something else. I saw the GC at 30,000 feet and even then it was pretty breathtaking.
Revenge Tour is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Thanks for this!
eskielover