View Single Post
Have Hope
Wise Elder

Member Since Dec 2017
3,674 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Aug 29, 2024 at 06:21 AM

It's now a year later, so I thought I would revive this thread and see where I am in comparison to a year ago this same time.

I am in a far different place. I re-read some of my posts on this thread, and I was having a hard time going places by myself after my marriage ended. And now? Now I go nearly everywhere by myself. Concerts, road trips, even a working vacation I did on my own to Vermont.

It's AMAZING to experience & feel tremendous growth happening within me. I feel different.

One big issue that arose late last Spring is that my ex abusive husband decided to move back into the town where we lived (I am still living in the same apartment that we shared), but only a mere few streets away from me. It's been a struggle, and at first I was livid. I had been feeling free and far happier up until that point, but once I learned he moved closer to me, I felt like he had stolen my newfound happiness and freedom.

It has taken a few months - well, the summer - for me to regain my happiness and sense freedom back. I do see him from time to time in the neighborhood, but we do avoid each other. I had threatened him with a restraining order the week he moved, and he's avoided me ever since! YAY! That helps!

I also have gained several new friends in the last year - another goal of mine. Several new female friends, and a few new male friends too.

Work has been a challenge though, since about early June. I am doing great in my job and am successful,. but the company culture is not a good fit for me so I am looking elsewhere. I found an AMAZING opportunity with an adventure travel company and am PRAYING I land an interview and a job offer with the company. I would be THRILLED! They organize and lead African Safaris - how COOL is that? I would love to be hired, and be asked to experience their organized trips - maybe once per year or something like that. Yes, I am dreaming but it's my Prayer and Hope and my fingers are crossed that it comes to fruition. It would be a DREAM COME TRUE for me.

So that's about it for now.... it's been so quiet on the forums this summer, but if anyone reads this and feels like chiming in and replying, please do.

~4 Non Blondes
Have Hope is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
BeyondtheRainbow, Bill3, RDMercer

Thanks for this!
Bill3