Wise Elder

Member Since Mar 2009
888 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Aug 29, 2024 at 11:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by unaluna View Post
I know i say the wrong thing a lot. As a result, i get put on the ignore list. Thats okay, i understand why.

OTOH, more than one member recently has remarked how QUIET the forums have been. May i suggest they review their ignore lists and see if they have grown too long? Maybe some people have learned their lesson.

I certainly apologize to all for my bluntness and carelessness in responding and hope to be more supportive in the future. I admit, i often do not understand the nature of a person's difficulties.
The ignore list is not about punishing others for doing wrong. if you are on someone's ignore list its because they are taking care of their self and their own triggers.

I do use the ignore feature. and yea my ignore list is long.

the length of my ignore list is mostly because members already on my ignore list leave the forums for a time or delete their accounts and come back as new member. or they have forgotten that they have the other account.

If I already have a member on ignore as one username, I automatically place them on ignore as their new username. it's actually not hard to recognize when a new member is a returning member as a new username, or someone has changed their username.

I dont remove old usernames off my ignore list because sometimes people go back to using their old usernames and old accounts.

I initially will put someone on my ignore if I notice we are constantly clashing about the same issues over and over again.

a difference of opinions once or twice on the same issues is not a big problem all around, but a repeated pattern time and time again. that's a problem and not only for one or the other member.

its needless stress for both members involved, the community at large and the moderating team that must deal with two members who have a firm stance on the same issues and are repeatedly clashing over the same issues time and time and time again.

so, I use the ignore.

if I find myself constantly butting heads over the same issues with the same member time and time again, I take the high road. I put them on ignore and walk away from the clashing and debating.

I can't control what triggers another person, I can understand and sympathize with them but not control another's triggers. That said I can control how I choose to react to someone else's trigger response of constant clashing over the same issue time and time again whenever I post about certain things.

my choice is not sit there continuing to discuss, debate and clash over the same issues time and time again with the same member time and time again, but rather take the high road of ignore and walk away from the repeated clashing situation with the member.

in other words, ignore isn't a punishment.

it's a tool the site uses to help members with their triggers and have a good experience with using the site. and keeping the site safe for all.

Hugs from:
nonightowl, unaluna

Thanks for this!
nonightowl, unaluna