View Single Post
kala83
Veteran Member

Member Since Jul 2012
88 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Aug 29, 2024 at 01:35 PM

so I have a bit of Anxiety issues, mostly general anxiety, social anxiety, and school-based anxiety mostly when taking tests.

as of the last few years, I have not really had a ton of issues with my anxiety. But lately, I am having more and more panic attacks that pop up out of nowhere and they are not easy to get out of my head.

I have a prescription for an as-needed anxiety medication,Hydroxyzine. Which certainly does help. And I don't really want to stop taking it.

However, because it also helps with insomnia, it's best if I take it near when I am going to bed since it makes me so groggy.

I know of course that bringing this up with my psychiatrist is going to be the final answer in how to deal with this. But I would really like to know from others who deal with this kind of thing. What kinds of options might I have for secondary as-needed, medications that could help me deal with panic attacks that would not have me walking around In the daytime while trying to take care of my one-year-old twins.

Dx:OCD, AD/HD-C and ADD kinda both, General Anxiety Disorder, Separation Anxiety Disorder,Abandonment Anxiety, Cycothymic disorder, or mixed bipolar, Border Line Personality Disorder,Histonic Personality Disorder, Dependent Personality disorder, eating disorder
]Rx:Lamotrigine 25mg twice a day for my mood stablizer as well as I am on Escitalopram 10mg 1 daily, Buspirone 3 times daily 10mgs
VT Student, CNA student, working HHA
for my father I think of you everyday
kala83 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote