View Single Post
Cantholdmyrage

Member Since Apr 2024
46 hugs
given
Angry Aug 29, 2024 at 04:29 PM

Scientist Author Busts Myths About Exercise, Sitting And Sleep : Shots - Health News : NPR

I might have talked about something similar to this, but nevertheless it’s on my mind once again.

It’s so infuriating having to listen to people saying that having a sedentary lifestyle is so bad, it’s the equivalent of disease and death. And I’m also saying this as someone with depression. Like, fellow people with depression, how many times have you ever heard of the advice “exercise can help your depression”? For some of you, many times.

Like, sure it may help for some people, but for me, it doesn’t do any good. So this article, link above, is insisting to me that if I just relax or if I feel unmotivated, then I am somehow risking myself for death.

According to this guy’s logic, f*** your depression and whatever mental health problems you have, you’re just lazy and should just move for the sake of everyone else. Because they say you will live longer despite flawed evidence of such claims.

In other words, we’re apparently just making excuses to be lazy and be “unhealthy” as if forcing yourself to exercise and at a constant rate has no downsides whatsoever. Do yourself a favor, Robert, and leave us out of your guilt-tripping tactics.

Rant over.
Cantholdmyrage is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
JaneOnceMore, mote.of.soul

Thanks for this!
JaneOnceMore